Cooking lessons at Shivapuri Heights Cottage can be a fun, social way to spend time and learn about some of the traditional dishes that are served in Nepal. You can book the lesson after your arrival. The cost is Rs 1500.00 per person.
White plain flour 750 gm
Room temperature water according to need to make hard dough
Baking powder 2-3 pinch
Salt to taste
Chicken mince meat 500 gms
Chopped onion (finely chopped) 250 gms
Fresh and finely pounded ginger 2 tablespoon
Chopped coriander leaves (finely chopped) 3 table spoon(optional)
Sunflower oil 4 table spoon
Light soy sauce 1-2 table spoon or as to individual taste
1. Mix well, minched chicken with chopped onion, freshly pounded ginger, fresh chopped coriander leaves, sunflower oil, Light soya sauce, seasoning sauce
2. Mix well pinch of baking powder and salt with plain white flour and make a well to pour water little by little to make hard dough then to make wrapper for stuffing.
3. Divide the dough in small pieces and roll to make small wrapper for stuffing marinated munched chicken.
4. Fold the wrapper carefully to make several plaits into arch shape then press the ends of two corner with your finger tips to form a momo
5. Boil the water for steaming momo container with chicken stock, chicken bones and preferred vegetables like cabbage, carrots, pak choy, and green peas to make a soup to eat with momos.
6. Brush each momo steam container with oil before placing the momos.
7. Place each momos in the steam container half inch apart from each other and steam 20-25 minutes.
8. Serve hot with Thukpa (Soup) and momo achaar.